We believe all children deserve to be the best that they can be. By allowing children to develop through creative building with Magformers, they are enabled in many ways. They develop both physical skills (eg hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills) and cognitive skills (eg spatial awareness).
The new Magformers Concept Store in Pyrmont, NSW (opening 8 May 2017), will be a place where the full Australian range of Magformers can be viewed and / or purchased. There will also be a play area where children (and all those young-at-heart!) can experience the magic of Magformers.
In the future, we plan to hold building days and community events, so that children can experience this great educational toy in a fun environment, and so that parents can receive information surrounding child development from local experts. Please like our Facebook page (Magformers Australia), so that you can stay up to date with all events.
Magformers Australia is a member of the Australian Toy Association, which means we are committed to adhering to the Association’s Code of Practice, including:
- We are firmly committed to the development and promotion of safe play environments for children, and to place only safe products on the market.
- We agree to adhere strictly to national and international safety standards and to take prompt, effective and appropriate action should a safety problem arise.
- We are committed to the principle of ethical standards in regard to the advertising to children and adhere to government regulations and requirements.
- We support and encourage research conducted in regard to any aspect of children’s products and will be involved where possible and offer full co-operation.
- We oppose strongly the practice of counterfeiting not only as an unfair trading practice but one which may expose children to products which do not comply with safety standards.
- We shall actively support appropriate children’s causes.
The Magformers Brand
Magformers is developed in South Korea but is sold worldwide in more than 60 countries! Magformers is the original magnetic construction toy of its kind, particularly the innovation where the magnets rotate so that every piece stick to every other piece. There is a research and development team in head office that is dedicated to innovating new pieces, STEM parts and accessories, which all enhance a child’s learning and development. In 2016 alone, 24 new sets were introduced to the Australian market. This is why Magformers is now considered the leading brand in magnetic construction toys. Magformers has been widely reviewed and has won (and continues to win) many international awards, including the 2016 Australian Educational Product of the Year Award. Magformers prides itself on the quality of its products – using strong neodymium earth magnets, safely encapsulated in BPA-free, ABS plastic that is specially made for Magformers, in many vibrant and attractive colours!
Magformers Australia supports the development and happiness of all children. We are proud supporters of the Starlight Children’s Foundation and have donated sets to the Starlight Express Rooms in Children’s Hospitals all around Australia.
Magformers Australia is also a proud partner of the Tech Girls Movement, celebrating Tech Girls Superheroes to encourage and equip girls to develop STEM skills from a young age, so that they become the creators of tomorrow. The Tech Girls Movement is a charity which is changing the world. Their goal is to create a workforce that is capable of building the technology of the future. They encourage the development of a more diverse IT workforce and they are particularly dedicated to empowering more girls into Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) studies and careers.